High-Quality BioResources for High-Impact Research
We are your partner in promoting life science researches to pioneer the future.
- With our principles “Trust, Sustainability, and Leadership,” we offer a variety of most reliable bioresources. Find biological materials you need in our catalog!
- We welcome deposits of your invaluable materials to our collection. By depositing, you can make your materials more accessible to the scientific community, while relieved of the burdens pertaining to preservation and distribution.
- In addition, we also offer technical training courses on how to use these materials effectively.
Latest news（2024 vol.06）
Experimental Animal Division
In January 2024 “Mouse of the Month”, we introduced CAG-ELuc mice (RBRC11951), which are applicable to in vivo imaging analyses, deposited by Fuminori Taniguchi, M.D., Ph.D. and Kazuomi Nakamura, Ph.D. (Tottori University).
Experimental Plant Division
We have released four plant cell lines, including model plant species.
- Carrot NC
- Ceratopteris richardii (fern) Cr-AH
- Arabidopsis MM2d
- Arabidopsis MM2d-LS
Cell Engineering Division
- Analysis of differentiation of certain iPS cell lines with micropatterning method
- Generation of a plasmid construct to express some marker gene (such as GFP) under the promoter of a specific gene
- Generation of a cell line in which a specific gene deletion (knockout) or a specific gene mutation is introduced in the iPS cells derived from healthy individuals etc.
(Visit our webpage for details.)
Gene Engineering Division
Dr. Atsushi Miyawaki of RIKEN CBS has deposited a monomeric form of StayGold.
Microbe Division (JCM)
Methanogenic archaea: list of the JCM strains and a recipe for the preparation of anaerobic culture media are released
Methanogenic archaea are strict anaerobes producing methane as a major metabolite, and they have drawn attention in research areas of the environmental conservation. JCM has now released the above list and recipe in order to support researches using the methanogenic archaea.