SeV-iPS cells are produced based on the intellectual property owned by ID Pharma Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as ‘IDP’). They are provided without license fees exclusively for non-profit academic research at academic institutions.
Academic Institutions are universities and agencies of a government (Federal or State) that perform research.
The following guidelines must be observed when using SeV-iPS cells:
- Even if you are a non-profit academic institution, you must contact IDP beforehand in the following cases:
a. When you plan to use SeV-iPS cells for for-profit non-academic research purposes.
b. When you plan to use SeV-iPS cells for collaborative research with a for-profit organization.
- You may not redistribute SeV-iPS cells to third parties. If a third party expresses an interest in using SeV-iPS cells, please ask them to contact the RIKEN BRC directly.
The use of SeV-iPS cells for purposes other than non-profit academic research is strictly prohibited, without limitation, as defined below.
- Commercial, non-academic contract research services for a compensatory fee that provide SeV-iPS (including derivatives), services, information (including targets identified), research results, instruments and apparatuses produced by use of the Sendai virus vector;
- Screening (conventional or high-throughput) of candidate compounds for development of therapeutics;
- Applied research development and manufacture of therapeutics, diagnostics, and prophylactics (e.g., hit-to-lead, lead optimization);
- Non-human safety studies except when performed on behalf of an academic institution for internal not-commercially sponsored research;
- Transfer of SeV-iPS cells to collaborators carrying out commercially sponsored compound screening or applied research development research (including a collaborator from a commercial entity);
- Commercialization of drug candidates, SeV-iPS cells, equipment or cell culture media made using the Sendai virus vector.
ID Pharma Co., Ltd.
6 Ohkubo, Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, 300-2611
Tel: +81-29-877-5155, Fax: +81-29-877-5160